Sunday, October 31, 2010

Handmade Halloween!

We have beautiful weather here in Northern Colorado today, and I am sure the little trick or treaters will be out in large numbers this evening. Yesterday my husband and I were at a shopping plaza in Loveland, and they were having a special event for the children. The stores were handing out candy, and they had some sort of events for children in one area. We couldn't get close to whatever the event was due to the throngs of children in their halloween costumes.

We had so much fun watching the children. There were so many creative costumes. One little kid was dressed as a pelican. Pelicans are frequently seen at the lakes in this area. There was a tin man, cowardly lion, scarecrow, and Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Lots of princesses, a well muscled police man costume on a tiny boy, and much more. The sun was shining. It was the perfect day to be out and about.

I was impressed with the creativity of parents and children in the costumes. We moved here from St. Louis last winter, so this is my first Halloween in this area. People really get into the spirit of the holiday here. When talking to people at work over the last few weeks, I have heard how moms and grandmothers were sewing and creating costumes. My beautician created flying monkey costumes for her two dogs.

It shows the spirit of HANDMADE is alive and well!

Enjoy all the little people who visit your home tonight, and remember those adults who make it happen for them. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment or share something new. I would love to hear from you.

LeAllyson

See Other Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...