Where are your Etsy Treasuries?
Hey there Etsy Sellers! Do you know how to find out if you have been treasured in an Etsy treasury? You may not always receive a convo from the creator of the treasury to let you know. You may find out if you scroll through your Shop Activity on your Etsy Dashboard. But if you don't do that everyday, you could miss knowing about the treasury. I love to know when one of my items has been featured. So to find out every time you have been included in a treasury, you can use a nice simple online tool. You can also copy the widget for that treasury and post it somewhere for everyone to see.
Craft Cult is the place to be to answer your questions. When you go to this site, you will find a number of topics across the top of the page. If you click on the one called Widgets, it takes you a page where you can select Treasury to find out if you have ever been included in any Etsy treasuries.
When you choose Treasury, you need to complete the following:
- Enter your user name in the field provided and press Enter.
- Select the button labeled "Lists Featuring" to find all the treasuries that people have made that include an item from your shop.
- You will need to wait a bit. Craft Cult will then display the number of treasuries that have featured your work. I think 100 is the highest it goes, because mine always says 100 at this point even when I am added to a new treasury.
- Click on the dropdown arrow in the box below and a list of all the treasuries that include your products will appear. Just choose one and click on it. A tiny thumbnail of it will appear to the right.
- To get the code for this treasury to use on your website, go to step three and choose a size that you would like the treasury to be on your website. You may need to experiment with this depending upon where you are placing it on your page or post. I use full size when I post them on my Etsy Treasuries page. The one I used on this post is also full size. Full size loads more slowly than the smaller sizes.
- Then click on snapshot or dynamic. I choose snapshot. Dynamic treasuries will change if a product is removed from Etsy. Snapshot will show what originally was placed into the treasury.
- Click on Get Widget, and the html code for that widget appears. Copy that code and paste it into your website in a place that accepts HTML code. These treasuries are so pretty. Remember that when you post a treasury, you are also spreading the Etsy Love. There are many seller featured on each treasury.