Friday, December 31, 2010

Farewell to 2010- A Year Full of Change

As we leave 2010 behind, I am struck by how much life has changed for my husband and me this year.  We moved last January from St. Louis, MO to Severance, CO.  To do that we drove both vehicles across icy windy highway.  Once we settled here, I started work.  Hubby is retired.  Shortly after that I found I had breast cancer, and that knocked me for a loop.  I had surgery, and no chemo or radiation was needed.  I am so thankful to the Lord for that.

We spent time taking drives to new places here in Colorado and enjoyed the spectacular scenery.  This fall I did three craft shows from November 19 to December 1.  It was crazy working full time, plus hauling my things to these places.  Bill, my husband, was an incredible help with this, and we found that we have fun working a craft show together.

Neighbors we barely know came by and gave us a fabulous platter of goodies.  It was so pretty I took a picture of it before we ate any of it.


After the craft shows, I got sick with a cold and then bronchitis.  Somehow we got prepared for Christmas, and had a wonderful time with our family here. Our son came in from California to join in the festivities.

I had neglected to come up with a nice centerpiece for the dining table, but crafty as I am, I managed to piece together a really nice one about two hours before the meal.  I found an inexpensive wreath we have, some white trim, a long red candle, a square vase, and some marbles. The marbles went into the vase with the candle in the middle. The wreath was placed on the table, and the white trim was draped around it.  I was quite happy with it when I finished.


I learned  a lot this year, and am so happy to be close to my daughter, Mary and her family.  Our grand-baby turned one in September, and we were able to participate in the party.

When it was time to decorate the Christmas tree, I put up the ornament I got for Mary when she was a baby.  Today I took the Christmas tree down, and as I removed that ornament it crossed my mind that I had not cried when I put the ornament on the tree weeks ago.  Now, you need to understand, that for the past 8 -10 years I always had a good cry when I laid eyes on that ornament.  Mary, my daughter, was not at home and was living in other states.  I missed her.  How significant, that this year I did not feel the need to cry.   I see Mary all the time, and her husband, and her step-children, and our fabulous new granddaughter.  No tears needed!

Life is good, and we are blessed by the living God!  Let's all look forward to 2011 with anticipation and hope.  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment or share something new. I would love to hear from you.

LeAllyson

See Other Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...