Sunday, September 19, 2010

Teddy Bear's Picnic

If you have been following this blog, you know that my daughter had her first baby last year.  I was so enamored of the baby who lives here in Colorado, that I packed up all my worldly goods and moved from St. Louis to Colorado to be near her and to watch her grow up.  It's hard to believe, but one year has passed since her birth.  I don't regret a moment of making this move out to Colorado.

My granddaughter's name is Maggie, and we celebrated with her in style last week.  Her mom created a Teddy Bear's Picnic for her and the family.  First Mary, my daughter, created darling invitations that she mailed to us.  They were on pink card stock, with a cute poem inside and the dates of the picnic.  She used Maggie and her bear friends in a picture that she glued to the front of the card.  Don't you wish you could be at their picnic? :-)


The weather cooperated beautifully for the party outdoors in Maggie's back yard.  We had some of a bear's favorite foods, salmon salad, lox, cream cheese and bagels, berry salad, and of course cake.  What bear would ignore a good chocolate cake?




Maggie got all dressed up in a sweet purple and white dress.  For those of you into "all things handmade", this is a handmade dress that Mary bought at a small shop in Salida, a quaint town nestled in the mountains.



Then Maggie enjoyed her first birthday cake, and I mean she REALLY ENJOYED IT! She totally immersed herself in the experience.



What a memorable day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my ! Look at that cute polka dot little dress ! Priceless ! Maggie is so cute and adorable that I don't wonder your decision to move. You are trully a blessed Grandma :) I always wished for a girl, but I'm a mom for two boys ( 16 and 5 )- but I know I'm going to enjoy my grandaughters, when they will come. Funny thing : my parents have two girls; both of us have boys. So the next generation is for sure a girls one, yee pee ! I cannot wait !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica,
    Girls are wonderful, I agree. Boys are loads of fun. Two boys 16 and 5, I bet they keep you busy. Thanks for noticing my sweet grandbaby!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a comment or share something new. I would love to hear from you.

LeAllyson

See Other Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...